Re: New idea on engine backfiring/popping/burbling

From: Jon (jonram2004@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 13:19:08 EST

  I absolutely do _not_ believe that this is normal for Magnum engines. I
have a '99 Ram with the 318 and a 5-speed, and I've driven countless other
trucks with the same combo (both Rams and Daks) when I was in the market for
one, and I've never had the truck backfire, even once.

  It sounds like possibly a timing issue? There are a few differences, I
think, between my '99 and your '93 engine, so I may not be much help, but
good luck!