trouble in getting the correct brake caliper

From: stebel@web.de
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 07:05:34 EST

Hi guys,

so, rockauto.com doesnīt want to send me another caliper. They sended me two, the correct part number on the outside of the package but the wrong caliper (wrong side). Both came from raybestos. Maybe the had a problem at their warehouse where people put the right part into the wrong package or the other way around.

The second caliper they send me goes straight at the customs back and the other is still in my house. They asked me to go to the local post office and calculate what it will cost to send it back. At the post office they said something like $70 within 6 business days. Rockauto.com said that I can keep the part, because its to expensive to send it back. Hope they will stay on that opinion than I have a left caliper for the price of the customs fee.
Additionaly I hope that as they said they will return the money I paid for the raybestos caliper to my credit card.

I was thinking what to do now. I go in 4 weeks to the states, where I can buy a caliper at a local shop and double check if its the correct one. Or does I order a caliper from a different vendor. I decided to do the second and ordered a A1 Cardone caliper at rockauto.com. They are the cheapest I found on the internet who will ship to germany. I need the truck to get to work daily now I have to use the train and the bus.
When I go to the states I will shipp the old one back to rockauto.com to get the $50 core deposit back.

At least I hope that the correct part will come finaly, if the same shit happens again I will return them the caliper and buy one on my vacation.

You will not believe that it isnīt possible to get a caliper for a Dodge Dakota in germany, except at my local Chrysler dealer, but there that part will costs me about $300.

Have fun
Stebel