Re: window = smashed

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 12:11:16 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> "Barry Oliver" <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>
>>The bastage pulled me over for tint, wrote me a ticket, let me drive a
>>block, Pulled me over AGAIN, Wrote me a second ticket, and lectured me
>>on how the "unsafe operation of a vehicle with obstructed windows was a
>>serious safety hazard" He gave me a choice - razorblade it off or get
>>towed. Since it was a home-tint job I chose the razorblade route..
>>That was the only thing I got pulled over for, and the only tickets
>>issued. I got the feeling he was fishing for a DUI, but since I don't
>>drink...
>

> IIRC, tint isn't an offence that they can pull you over for, you have to be
> doing something else at the time. Plus, I don't think they can pull you
> over that soon again if they wrote you a ticket the first time.

Well I was in Riverton, IL [first mistake], driving a Nissan 4x4 [second
mistake], back home from a good time mudding at the river [third
mistake]. I had actually taken the time to wipe off my windows with a
sponge, so I wasn't obstructed by Mud, but it might not have been
obvious. It was the Chief of police , and he got me the first time
right before I pulled into the car wash, and again about 45 min later,
as I was leaving the car wash....