Re: (OT) Re: window = smashed

From: baddak@excite.com
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 03:48:49 EST

In article <cv6ev6$go6$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

     Unfortunately many people do not believe the court system works too well,
myself included. If it did, many would be criminals would think twice about
their criminal actions or intentions. Also many criminals tend to be
recidivists, that alone tells us, the public, that their crimes were bad, but
not bad enough to put them away or sway them from a life of crime or moral
indecency. Which leads us to the "natural selection" part of the equation. If
that is the "answer" to the equation, well then so be it. I would personally
feel horrible to have to pull a gun or even inflict pain (let alone kill)
another human, but to do it in self defense or in the defense of a family
member, I wouldn't think twice. Jon's probably right, I should have carried
this to the off-topic list, my apologies.

Mike