Re: 100k = timing chain?

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 06:47:45 EST

YEP!......I agree with Billy on this one!

The stock timing sets on these engines are Junk!.......A good Double Roller
is a good idea!

Ron
01' Dakota Sport RC 3.9...
http://www.dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.asp?id=8143
http://www.dragtruck.com/ENTRIES/RUSCAS2XUMHU.html

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
To: aol@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: 100k = timing chain?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:58:42 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2005 1:32:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com writes:

> I just hit 100K myself, hadn't thought about a timing chain.. is 100k
> the service interval on the 5.2? What else should I be worrying about?

I usually don't yell but ABSOLUTELY do a timing chain. Stock chains are
really pretty wimpy. I tell people that if you're changing a water pump
etc., any
reason to open up the front of the motor, change the chain when you're in
there even with low mileage. When you pull the stocker off and compare it
to a
decent double roller, you'll understand why.

Bill White - KRC Performance

http://www.bionicdodge.com

'03 Dakota R/T, CC, Black, K&N, F&B, Superchips
'04 Liberty, 4x4, 3.7, 5 speed, 3.73 LSD, Sirius