Sliver Stars rant, partial retraction

From: Zito, James A (GE Energy) (james.zito@ps.ge.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 08:42:19 EST

Ok about this time last week I ranted and raved about how I spent way too
much money for Silver Stars to replace the oil lamps that Dodge installs for
head lights in gen 3 Dakotas. Recap, after much contortion managed to change
passenger lamp, discovered that the SS and oil lamp both had the same part
number on them, and the only 2 visible differences were in the color of the
O-ring and the plating on the tips. Turned the lights on and didn't see any
appreciable difference between the sides.

A full week passes with me not driving in the really dark, at least not with
both SS in place, did drive one dim evening and thought maybe the passenger
side is brighter, so I put in the other one (fewer contortions just battery
removal for that one). Had to travel for extra work this weekend and spent
time on the road, and yes they do seem to be brighter. I won't say they are
a lot brighter but they are brighter. Maybe can compare to going from oil
lamp to sealed beam headlights of the 60's and 70's.

Now when I have both filaments going they are actually BRIGHT!!

So can someone send me the wiring diagrams for putting in a relay and switch
to make that a hands free mode??

Jim
03 CC Dak 3.9
not driving by braille anymore