Re: 2005 DML BBQ Dates

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 07:42:47 EST

In article <cvebq7$8uf$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> Truth be told, however - doing something which subsequently
> causes a feature or action at the BBQ to be named after you is
> *usually* not healty for your vehicle. ;-)
>
> I'm sure I could come up with more examples given some time,
> but "Ranger Gulch" and "Adam Style" pop immediately to mind. ;-)
> Both of those items started rather early in BBQ history, I think
> maybe we are more jaded now. For example, I find it rather
> remarkable that as of yet, no feature name or adjective has
> resulted from Christine's little bath a couple of years ago.
> Ok, we have "Sonar O'Reilly", but that's rather tame - I would
> have thought that by now, we would have at least verbed his name
> - for example "I'm gonna Tom that puppy right into the lake!".
> Who knows, something more might happen, sometimes it takes a
> while. ;-) Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that if
> someone can work all year round just to get their truck ready for
> the BBQ, practically performing a complete drivetrain swap mere
> hours before the event, and then sink it over its roof in a pond
> prior to being able to do any offroading at all and nothing really
> comes of it, imagine the scale of blunder which would be required
> to have a feature named after your truck at this point! ;-)

I still think that pond should be labeled on the map as Lake Christine or Tom’s
Pond. The carnage was rather light last year from what I've heard of previous
events. 1 front drive shaft, 1 tire bead popped and a couple of suspension
brackets bent on my rig. I didn’t even pop my motor like I was originally
planning to. There was more carnage on Jon’s lift than out on the trails.

Walt