Re: 2005 DML BBQ Dates

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 23:18:15 EST

Ed McCarrick <edmccarrick@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Hey Mike,

: I took a little ribbing, what seems like like eons
: ago, at the BBQ for bringing my ranger. It turned out
: I had some parts broken and I had a landmark named
: after the incident :-) Maybe if you're lucky you'll
: become part of DML history and have something named
: after you truck too.

   Truth be told, however - doing something which subsequently
causes a feature or action at the BBQ to be named after you is
*usually* not healty for your vehicle. ;-)

    I'm sure I could come up with more examples given some time,
but "Ranger Gulch" and "Adam Style" pop immediately to mind. ;-)
Both of those items started rather early in BBQ history, I think
maybe we are more jaded now. For example, I find it rather
remarkable that as of yet, no feature name or adjective has
resulted from Christine's little bath a couple of years ago.
Ok, we have "Sonar O'Reilly", but that's rather tame - I would
have thought that by now, we would have at least verbed his name
- for example "I'm gonna Tom that puppy right into the lake!".
Who knows, something more might happen, sometimes it takes a
while. ;-) Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that if
someone can work all year round just to get their truck ready for
the BBQ, practically performing a complete drivetrain swap mere
hours before the event, and then sink it over its roof in a pond
prior to being able to do any offroading at all and nothing really
comes of it, imagine the scale of blunder which would be required
to have a feature named after your truck at this point! ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'