Re: (off-topic) Neon Gas Mileage update

From: Jon (jonram2004@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 10:31:36 EST

Sorry Ron,

But 18MPG is _horrible_ for that car. My '97 Stratus with the 2.0 and
5-speed will give you twice that, all day long on the highway. Hell, my '99
Ram 4x4 will give you 17 if you're gentle with her.

I'd do a thorough tuneup on it, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter,
everything that might possibly affect mileage. Take a hard look at the
plugs when you pull them. The timing is computer-controlled, so if it's
running rich, you've got issues.

I hope you can get decent mileage out of it, as those cars certainly are
capable of it.