RE: Re: (off-topic) Neon Gas Mileage update

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 11:49:08 EST

I've made an appointment for march 3rd for state inspection and for the
dealer to check it over, I'm just wondering if this the reason it was traded
back in after only 22K miles......

Ron
01' Dakota Sport RC 3.9...
http://www.dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.asp?id=8143
http://www.dragtruck.com/ENTRIES/RUSCAS2XUMHU.html

From: "Jon" <jonram2004@yahoo.com>
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: Re: (off-topic) Neon Gas Mileage update
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:31:36 -0500

Sorry Ron,

But 18MPG is _horrible_ for that car. My '97 Stratus with the 2.0 and
5-speed will give you twice that, all day long on the highway. Hell, my '99
Ram 4x4 will give you 17 if you're gentle with her.

I'd do a thorough tuneup on it, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter,
everything that might possibly affect mileage. Take a hard look at the
plugs when you pull them. The timing is computer-controlled, so if it's
running rich, you've got issues.

I hope you can get decent mileage out of it, as those cars certainly are
capable of it.