Re: (off-topic) Neon Gas Mileage update

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 12:53:25 EST

Ronald Taylor wrote:

> I managed to run a couple tanks of fuel thru it and I've managed to get
> an average MPG figure....
>
> 131.4 divided by 6.991 = 18.79 Miles to a Gallon.......Not too bad I guess
>
> The Fuel gauge appears to be off slightly if it's a 12 gallon tank, I've
> been re-fueling when it reaches
> 1/4 tank, plus or minus 1 gallon or so.....
>
> Anyone know if the Neon 2.0 uses 10w30 or 5w30 in the
> crankcase?......I'm going to change oil in it just to see if it helps or
> not, and I'm not sure when it was last done.

Something seriously wrong there Ron - I dunno what your driving style is
with the Neon - but I had rented an 03 Neon to go to the chicago auto
show - and I got 32 MPG on the highway - average speed of 75 mph, and 28
mpg with highway/city combined driving. Under 19 MPG is not good man!

Sorry - dont know what oil that uses off hand - but I'd be more
inclined to think 5w30

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *152* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/