RE: (off-topic) Neon Gas Mileage update

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 12:03:36 EST

That's terrible mileage for a Neon. Maybe your brakes are dragging Ron, or
your tires are all flat. ;-) My wife's V6 Stratus, automatic, averages at
least 22 around here in the winter. When I was in Florida last month I
drove my brother's '95 ACR Neon (5-speed, with a bunch of mods) everyday and
ran the crap out of it (as he always does too). I filled the tank myself
and checked the mileage to find that it got slightly over 30 mpg that week.
Very little of my driving was on any highways.

Seriously, on yours I'd check for sticking calipers, restricted cat, faulty
O2 sensor, thermostat.... in addition to the normal tune-up stuff.

Somethin' ain't right!

RayB