Re: 4.7 after timing key sheared

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 10:29:28 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2005, at 15:46, Bob Tom wrote:
>

>> From the DIRT list but thought some might be interested here.
>>
>> http://www.auburnextremeracing.com/drivers/jerry_dak/
>> engine%20blow%20up/
>>
>> Warning: Pictures may be extremely graphic to some!
>

> I've got to be missing things here. To me that just looks like the
> right bank of a DOHC V8 with it's accessories removed and valve cover
> off..... Where's the timing carnage?
>
> Also, what's with the reeeeealy blurry pictures of that accessory
> pulley? did something hit it and that's trying to be a picture of a
> scratch/dent?
>
> Man, I clearly have no idea what I'm looking for when it comes to a
> valvetrain.
> --

Pic quality is poor - but it looks like the cam is torn up a little.
Whitish area on the cam surface.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *149* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/