Re: 4.7 after timing key sheared

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 01:38:21 EST

On Feb 25, 2005, at 15:46, Bob Tom wrote:

> From the DIRT list but thought some might be interested here.
>

> http://www.auburnextremeracing.com/drivers/jerry_dak/
> engine%20blow%20up/
>
> Warning: Pictures may be extremely graphic to some!

I've got to be missing things here. To me that just looks like the
right bank of a DOHC V8 with it's accessories removed and valve cover
off..... Where's the timing carnage?

Also, what's with the reeeeealy blurry pictures of that accessory
pulley? did something hit it and that's trying to be a picture of a
scratch/dent?

Man, I clearly have no idea what I'm looking for when it comes to a
valvetrain.

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360