Re: Engine Lifting

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 22:34:04 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> Anyone here know the best way to lift an engine out of the engine bay?? I
> got the 3.9 in the 98 torn down (intake manifold & heads are gone) and I was
> thinking about putting the head bolts back in and using them to hook the
> chains to. But I thought I would take a break and ask if this was an
> acceptable practice or not.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

I have an engine leveler that I bolt to the back side of the drivers
side head... ok wait nevermind... I just realized your heads are off the
block. Hmm well you could bolt chains to the back of the block where the
bellhousing bolts go, but with the heads removed - not sure where you
can colt to at the front.

I've never pulled an engine without heads on it (yet), dont know if you
can at the head bolt holes - I dont see why you cant really.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *149* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/