Re: Stainless mufflers...suggestions?

From: baddak@excite.com
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 22:43:57 EST

In article <d0872f$krr$2@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> baddak@excite.com wrote:
> : Jon,
> : After a few minutes of searching I found a 3" in/out by Gibson in
> : stainless. The only bad thing is they want some serious coin, to the tune
of
> : $187.99 EACH (through Summit). I need two of those..I am hoping that price
> : includes a few people to put the damn things on, hell I thought Borla was
> : expensive. Maybe I outta go back and see if that was the gold plated
package,
> : or the Autorama special..
>

> Ouch. I knew there was a reason I went with a standard aluminized
> version. :-) I'm surprised to hear that they were more expensive
> than Borla though, I've always thought Borla was at the top of that
> particular food chain. How much does Borla want for a 3" in/out?
>

> --
> -Jon-
>
> .-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --.
> | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota |
> | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD |

     The only listing for a 3"in/out that Borla makes is the XR-1 series that
is listed as the race only muffler, either way that one costs a fortune as
well, it's listed for, gulp, $242.00.. I am gonna try to get a hold of Spintech
again, and see if they'll give me a price I can afford. If not then I'll narrow
it down to the Magnaflow or maybe the Edelbrock. We'll see.

Mike