Re: Stainless mufflers...suggestions?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 15:56:02 EST

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 kvmac45@comcast.net wrote:

> How about these - http://store.yahoo.com/exhaustpros/turbosmufflers.html
>
> These are the Borla ProXS line. Stainless steel, 3" I/O, lifetime warranty for
> $85. I was planning on putting one on my truck when I had the chance to do the
> exhaust. They are the "budget" line that Borla sells. I think they tend to be
> pretty quiet compared to a Magnaflow or Flowmaster, but they have similar power
> gains.

I don't know about your expirience, but I'm a little disapointed with the
sound of my 3" Magnaflow system.... It sounds excelant right now but
that's only becuase I've got a leak going from the Y pipe to the cat-bound
pipe. Mostly hollow stock cat and it's very mellow. Definitely woke up
my stock-at-the-time 5.2 though, and did sound better than stock.

All things being equal I'd be looking to Gibson for my next setup, but
seeing as I'm entirely stainless now that might be for my next truck....

--
MikeM
'98 SFA SLT