Re: OT: 400HP/400FT LB from a production car?

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 10:48:07 EST

I do not dispute the technology of the LS1, LS2 or LS7 motors compared to the
360 LA and magnum motors. The hemi motors are every bit as modern and are
making equivalent power to the GM motors.

I only mentioned the mopar crate motors because you had mentioned a couple 360
build ups that didn't produce near 400HP. 400HP out of a 360 is relatively
easy. Granted it's not going to be a civil as a current technology engine but
my buddy with a 360/380 in his 69 Dart has a set up that can easily be lived
with on a day to day basis.

FWIW, the cam in the LS2 has more lift than the cam in the 360/380 crate motor.

Also, being a mid-life crisis kind of guy a huge lumpy cam, lots of noise and
the ability to do gratuitous burn outs is very much appling to me! :)

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4