Re: RE: WON'T START HELP

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 19:42:02 EST

Bob Nichols wrote:

> Something else....once before my gas gauge was way off.....if I was out
> of gas would the pump still run?
>
> The trucks been sleeping in the garage since November and I haven't
> started it since aound the 1st week in jan so I haven't been driving
> her......and haven't been experencing any problems (Kyle)

What year is your truck? I have the '92 FSM, so I can get you
schematics for GenII's if need be.

Anyway, the pump should still try to pump and pressurize the system w/o
gas. I would put a couple gallons in the tank just so you know what's
in there - unless you already know that the tank's not empty.

If you don't have any pressure at the fuel test port, obviously there's
a problem with the pump, so as Bernd said, try jumping the pump to see
if it functions. If you get no joy there, replace the pump and
associated parts. If it does work on the jump... well, you and a
multimeter will become intimately close while tracking down the problem. ;-)