Re: OT: 400HP/400FT LB from a production car?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 01:39:28 EST

droo wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:28:08 -0500, Michael Maskalans
> <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
>

>> Dan Kramarsky wrote:
>>
>>> I just read in my Stuff magazine a small ad for the 2005 Pontiac GTO.
>>> link: http://www.pontiac.com/gto/
>>> How in the hell did they get a production 6.0L engine to produce
>>> 400HP / 400ft.lb ?
>>

>> Perhaps they did something that the Big Three are bad at doing?
>> Getting a decent amount of power per unit of displacement. Have you
>> ever looked at the power the Germans get from their engines? and
>> their economy? We suck - but sound better doing it.....
>

> Do any of the these american engines need anytrhing higher than 87 to
> run on?

::shrug:: don't know, don't care. I feed mine 93 to make it do what it
does....

Besides, with gas prices north of $2/gallon it's *less* expensive than
ever to fuel with premium - the 20 cent gap is now only 10% the price of
the fuel instead of a 20% "premium" on premium that there used to be.

--
MikeM
'98 Club Cab.  Some mods....