Re: Extended warranty

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 07:54:35 EST

I personally would never consider an extended warranty from either a broker or
the manufacturer so have no personal experience (and also have never wished I
had one). They just are not a good investment. I have heard lots of horror
stories people have had with the brokers and would be very leary of any of them
unless I could talk to several people that actually used the warranty.

115K miles is barely mid life on your Dakota and at the rate you seem to be
racking up miles you will barely get two years coverage for your $1300. Based
on the prices I see advertised for these warranties I would expect $1300 is
going to be power train coverage only. The chances of you collecting on your
$1300 is not very good. I would take the $1300 and invest it.

Dave Clement
99 SLT CC 4x4