Re: Extended warranty

From: baddak@excite.com
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 02:32:41 EST

In article <024901c52ab2$7cdc8820$5ffaded1@amd500>, ttroidl@bluefrognet.net
("Ttroidl") writes:

> Has anyone used "Extended Warranty Broker"?
>
> I was looking at a plan from them for my '02 Dak, as the 7-70 will be up
> shortly, they have a plan that will cover me till 115K with $100 Deductible
> for around $1300, if anyone knows a better option I'd appreciate it!
>
> OR if you know them to be a rip off, I'd like to know that as well..
>
> Thanks loads!
> Tony.
>
> www.tasteofthemidway.com
>
> Hate Spam? try www.friedspam.net
>

> --

      I know of only two problems a friend had. He purchased the warranty, then
moved about 100 or so miles away and had a hard time finding a dealer that
would accept his "plan" if you will. Same friend, was told deductible amount
was low ($100-150) which it was, but the total bill had to be over a certain
amount (I think $800) before the plan would pay the rest not covered by the
deductible. So he had to foot the bill for about $6-700. ASK A LOT of
questions, read a lot of the fine print, and even call other dealers to see how
the claims process works. My friend basically got burned by his ignorance. This
was about 5 years ago, and I don't know if some things have changed since then.

Be afraid, be very afraid...

Mike