Re: RE: Mobil 1 Oil + Gas Prices On The Rise

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 09:00:25 EST

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> Don't forget this load of "poopoo":
>
> "These claims relate to all typical consumer driving conditions, excluding
> those mentioned below. In other words, if you drive under normal conditions
> and use Mobil 1 Extended Performance in your vehicle, the oil is guaranteed
> to protect your engine for 15,000 miles. We also recommend that drivers
> consult their owner's manual while their vehicle is under warranty, and
> follow the guidelines set forth there. Additionally, we recommend that if
> consumers drive routinely in severe conditions that they follow the oil
> change interval recommended in their owner's manual for severe conditions. "
> (Hmmm..."Schedule A" and "Schedule B")
>
> So it's OK to use their 15K mile oil, but they still recommended to follow
> the manufacturer service intervals to keep your warranty. So...spend the
> extra money on their oil, but still change it like "dino oil"?!? I'll stick
> to the Synth-Blends - they work, don't cost much more than regular oil, and
> protect then engine just as well.
>
> - Bernd

Yeah I saw that little gem in there too. That line is there to clearly
cover their ass in situations where a manufact. will refuse warranty
work because of "lack of proper maintenance" - customer says "but they
said I can run it up to 15K! - Mobil saves themselves a lawsuit and says
"See? we said "blah blah blah" so we're not liable".

Idiots...

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *128* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/