RE: Mobil 1 Oil + Gas Prices On The Rise

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 00:35:38 EST

Don't forget this load of "poopoo":

"These claims relate to all typical consumer driving conditions, excluding
those mentioned below. In other words, if you drive under normal conditions
and use Mobil 1 Extended Performance in your vehicle, the oil is guaranteed
to protect your engine for 15,000 miles. We also recommend that drivers
consult their owner's manual while their vehicle is under warranty, and
follow the guidelines set forth there. Additionally, we recommend that if
consumers drive routinely in severe conditions that they follow the oil
change interval recommended in their owner's manual for severe conditions. "
(Hmmm..."Schedule A" and "Schedule B")

So it's OK to use their 15K mile oil, but they still recommended to follow
the manufacturer service intervals to keep your warranty. So...spend the
extra money on their oil, but still change it like "dino oil"?!? I'll stick
to the Synth-Blends - they work, don't cost much more than regular oil, and
protect then engine just as well.

- Bernd