Re: Windshield wipers quit

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 23:18:26 EST

renee61560@aol.com wrote:

> My 1995's wipers quit on me. I hear the motor running but the wipers are
> not moving. Something must have come loose, since I can move the wiper
> arms by hand. Any advice on part(s) and repair proceedure?
>
> R......
> 1995 SLT

Sounds like something busted where the motor contacts the linkage. Pop
off the cowl cover and have a look. There is a strip of foam/rubber
insulation that you have to remove carefully, if you plan to reuse it.
And 5 or 6 screws along the face that secure it to the firewall. Also
make sure you don't damage the washer sprayer lines when you pull the
cowl off. If the linkage is bad - dealership or salvage yard for
avaliblilty.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *127* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/