Help, on a front suspension rebuild project.

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 19:32:56 EST

Hello ladies & gents,

So my project to replace shocks with KYB Gas-A-Just.....just exploded into re-doing the
front suspension. This is cause every bushing is cracked and dryed out. the plan is to
replace all the rubber in the suspension system.

So....
1. I am keeping the hard parts except possibly the springs which I may change out.
2. I am replacing the rubber parts ( bushings ) with Energy Suspension.
3. I am replacing the shocks.

I know that I have to replace upper and lower control arm bushings. And I will replace
the sway bar bushings ( this includes end links )

Q: what other rubber parts should I be ordering for the project ?

   * is there coil spring isolators i should get?
   * is there a shock eye bushings (grommets) for the shocks? ( they come with the
shocks right? )
   * should i get new boots for tie rods?
   * did I miss any rubber parts somewhere?

BTW: this is a 2WD truck. and spindles will stay the same cause I just had them
replaced about a year ago and dont want to spend a lot of money on that right now.

any assistance here would be awfully appreciated. thanks!

-dan

Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.92 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.

Mods: Trans-Go, APS Precision's 2400 stall, cool air induction, K&N oil & air filter, Autolite 3924s, & re-located IAT.

Future: 180* stat, MP PCM ( when Premium gas gets cheaper )