Re: RE: Mobil 1 Oil + Gas Prices On The Rise

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 21:52:04 EST

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> All I can say is this: "Change your oil every 25K miles? It's your engine -
> not mine."
>
> - Bernd

Ditto.... I have mine changed at the dealer every 3000. Granted I
could change it myself, but its just not worth it in my book (especially
when the dealer does it for free! ) And when my freebies run out at
36k, I'll still have them do it every 3k.

I dont care how you spin it, theres no substitute for changing oil on a
regular basis. I put 170k on my 98 before shit hit the fan. I changed
it every 3000, and it ran great. Hell, 99% of the time i used SuperTech
10w30. Oil gets dirty, thats a fact of life....so why piss money away
on spin and propoganda??? Theres NO oil that can prevent contamination,
so whats the difference between $0.79 oil and $5.79 oil. Dirt is the
thing that causes oil to break down, right????

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd
1998 Sport 3.9
www.garyhedlin.com