RE: RE: Rebuild Kit

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 19:04:40 EST

Thanks for the reply...but I think you misunderstood my question (or I
misunderstood your reply).

Most rebuild kits have certain size bearings and pistons. For example
Summit has a kit with .030 over pistons and standard rod/main bearings.
Another kit has standard pistons and .010 under bearings. Another kit is
all standard sizes. Also these kits are for a 5.2, I need a 3.9 kit. These
are Federal Mogul Speed Po Kits. I'll search their site (and the Web)
perhaps they have an appropriate part number I can have Summit price out.

In case I get a gasket kit and piece together the pistons, bearings etc.,
can someone please repost that link to Summit that had a set of inexpensive
Magnum pistons?

Thanks,
James