Re: Swap to manual trans

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 11:21:08 EST

mike kulczycki wrote:

> Yea I agree on the V6 power thing... My V6 can get 20-22 mpg on the
> freeway. My 95 isn't that bad actually. I can get about 16-17 mpg on
> the few trips I've made with it. I've never driven it for more than 2
> hours... That could be a fun drive to the bbq... How long of a drive
> is it from Detroit area?? I've done a few a trips with the windows down
> and the music up.. But the fiance doesn't like that... Oh well...
> I'll keep that in mind for July. I've been on the DML since 97 or
> so... I don't post that often, but enjoy reading all the e-mails. That
> is true that you almost know everyone from reading their e-mails and
> everything.
>
> Mike K

I usually get about 24 - 25 on the highway, but I attribute that to
being lowered and having a bedcover. I noticed that I picked up some
MPG when I did both of those mods. It takes me about 8 - 10 hours from
chicago and it usually takes me about 3 - 4 hours to get to detroit from
here. Then again I usually cruise at about 80 mph... I usually make
the trip up stateside and the return trip through Canada, driving
through Canada is longer though because you can't go as fast, and it's
really boring.

My ex didn't like the windows down and the music up either, her hair
blew all over the place. Once she figured out that she could put her
hair in a ponytail or under a scarf thingy she was good though. Having
the sliding rear window open makes all the difference.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L