05 BBQ Convoy (was manual trans)

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 11:49:49 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> ""mike kulczycki"" <dakota1994@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I should look into the bbq. I'm sure it would be a good time...
>>I'll have to check out details on the site... I'd probably take the 94.
>>The 95 isn't the greatest to drive in on long trips... no a/c, worse gas
>>mileage, I like the club cab better for road trips...
>>

>>Mike K
>

> I was pretty apprehensive my first time attending the BBQ, traveling that
> far to see a bunch of people I don't really know at all. I had a blast
> though, everyone is really cool and because of the close-knit online
> community we have, you already know everyone anyway, you've just never met
> them.
>
> A/C is overrated, I've driven the whole way both times with my windows down
> and the radio up. I think this year Tom's going to win the prize for worst
> fuel mileage, he'll be driving that offroad ram with a 4000 pound truck on a
> trailer behind it. It's quite loud at highway speeds with the 4.10's and
> exhause he's got on there... I remember last year they called me on the
> radio because they had to stop for fuel, both Barry and Tom had to put in a
> full tank, I put in like 8 or 9 gallons. V6 POWAR!! LOLOLOLO

LOL oh you just had to remind me of the fuel costs didn't you :-P Gas
is still holding at $2.22.9 for regular up here...prolly will go up by
BBQ time. It had been down to $1.98 only a month or two ago... I'm still
paying off the gas credit cards from last summers BBQ and Daktoberfest.
  I should have them zeroed down in time to charge em up on the way out
to the BBQ again.

(sigh) Shoulda bought a 2500 or 3500 CTD hehehe

My buddy is planning on tagging along with me this year finally. Hes
watched the videos from the BBQ's the last few years and is longing for
some wheeling (from Utah originally).

I've put in for a full 7 days off work this year. The way I figured it,
Monday I'll haul down to Chicago after work. And we can hit the road
Tuesday morning. I'm not going to be able to haul as fast with a
trailor behind me, that going to be a problem for you two leadfoots?
Just because Walt hauls his Gen I @ 90 MPH behind his Ram, doesn't mean
I will hehe.

Speaking of Ram's doing 90 MPH - I had mine up that fast the other
day... and holy hell man!!! Was she squirrily. I think I'm going to do
the whole smash before I leave for the BBQ - ball joints, and steering
dampener as well - not just tierods.

Not to mention I have some kind of throttle problem. Might be due to
the oversized tires, but accel is really sluggish. The trans upshifts
higher WAY to early. Boggs her down bad.

Anyway - as for the convoy... my friend lives in Palos Hills - near 95th
and Harlem. I was planning on bunking at his house this time... and we
could leave and meet up with you and Barry at your place Josh - or
wheverever else you want to meet. We should be able to get an early
start. (yeah yeah yeah I know I know)

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *118* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/