Re: 05 BBQ Convoy (was manual trans)

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 14:09:07 EST

TerribleTom wrote:

> I've put in for a full 7 days off work this year. The way I figured it,
> Monday I'll haul down to Chicago after work. And we can hit the road
> Tuesday morning. I'm not going to be able to haul as fast with a
> trailor behind me, that going to be a problem for you two leadfoots?
> Just because Walt hauls his Gen I @ 90 MPH behind his Ram, doesn't mean
> I will hehe.

Tuesday? That seems a little early to me. We've always done Wednesday
mornings before and that's that I based everything on this year. I've
got monday through tuesday off of work for the trip but my grilfriend
has only got wednesday through monday off of work.

> Speaking of Ram's doing 90 MPH - I had mine up that fast the other
> day... and holy hell man!!! Was she squirrily. I think I'm going to do
> the whole smash before I leave for the BBQ - ball joints, and steering
> dampener as well - not just tierods.

It's because you're so high up in the air! Mine was a little squirly
when it was at the stock height, but now that it's all low to the ground
it's very stable at speeds in excess of 100mph, I can't wait till I get
that new suspension on it. If it's on there by the BBQ (hopefully) I'll
be the smallest truck in attendance this year, with my frame a full 3"
off the ground. ;)

> Anyway - as for the convoy... my friend lives in Palos Hills - near 95th
> and Harlem. I was planning on bunking at his house this time... and we
> could leave and meet up with you and Barry at your place Josh - or
> wheverever else you want to meet. We should be able to get an early
> start. (yeah yeah yeah I know I know)

Whatever's clever man, when it gets closer we'll have to work out all
the details.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L