Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 13:29:56 EDT

On Tue, April 5, 2005 12:43 pm, Matt Brenneke said:

> Combining the Gas price and Colorado discussions, I just spent a week
> in CO on my honeymoon.

Congratulations! So, did you scout out any campgrounds for the meet while
you were there? :-) (Yeah, I'm sure that was a priority on your
honeymoon.)

> Their octane levels were 85, 87, and 91. WTF?
> I didn't even know it was produced on intervals other than 87, 89, and
> 93.

I've noticed that as well, and the same thing in Wyoming and Utah. My
understanding is that it's the same stuff, but they correct the octane
ratings for the high elevation. Apparently if you fill up with 87 octane
at sea level and drive up to the mountains, it runs like 85 octane due to
the thin air.

As for the price of gas... don't even get me started. I saw 0.94 per
liter for the cheap grade this morning. That's $3.55 CDN a gallon (or
about $2.90 US).