RE: Liberty Oilburner

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 16:26:38 EDT

I've been considering a more fuel-efficient vehicle for my spousal-unit
as a replacement for her '98 Stratus if/when it finally pukes a tranny.
She was considering a Jetta TDi before she was aware of the Jeep. Around
Columbus, they are going for a little less than $30k with the options
she wants. From what I've read, the engine is by Detroit Diesel/ VM
Motori and has proven to be quite reliable in European Jeeps. I was
hoping that it would be a little Cummins.

At this point, fuel (or the repair of an existing vehicle) would have to
get >very< expensive in order for the initial investment in a diesel to
make economic sense to me.

If any of you drive one, by all means, post a review.