Liberty Oilburner

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 18:27:48 EST

So last night I was going to take a look at a new Lib with the I4 common
rail TD. No dice: New York *might* be able to sell it for the '06 model
year, if our version of CARB says 'yea'. But nothing now.

Also, I was just looking on jeep.com about building and price. It only
comes with the 545RFE, no 6 speed stick. It's got 4.10s in the Sport
and 3.73s in the Limited - with no option. You can't spec the all
terrain tires (eh?) or part-time transfer case. Some strange
dependancies in there...
How annoying.

Also, at 30 grand for a mini-ute.... eek! I think I'll still try to
test drive one next time I've got an hour outside NY-CA-MA-OR and
whomever the usual anti-diesel suspects are.

--
MikeM
SAS '98 CC