Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: jam'n (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 13:26:21 EDT

Subject: GAS WAR!

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a
gallon by the summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to
come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE
than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around
last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they
knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It
was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,
whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit
someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we
can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline
from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If
they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to
follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't
whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple
it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least
ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches
the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers. If those three million get excited and ! pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it
goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to
ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we
can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.