'05 Dak upgrades (saga continues)

From: rwerning@wi.rr.com
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 22:56:55 EDT

Replaced the stock air filter with a K&N drop in, noticed a small increase in
gas mileage, LeBra tonneau cover helped a bit more, and switching to 89 octane
added another noticeable increase. Average mileage is up about 2mpg now -
running around 17mpg when nursing it back and forth to work (couple big hills,
and several starts & stops). Next on the list is exhaust, then electric fan.
I have this goal of getting up around 20mpg daily driving.. we'll see though.

I'm sorta bummed I didn't bother to get the $170 skid plate option when I
bought it since it has suspension, fuel tank and transfer case skids, as well
as adding the tow hooks on. Anyone have experience with these skid plates? Are
they worth a damn, or am I better off trying to find/make something else? I'm
going to try and hit up the dealer, see what sort of deal they'll give me on
adding this package on, since I bought it just over a month ago.

Thanks
- RJ