RE: New member with a question

From: Charlie (cmarino12@cox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 22:51:17 EDT

I went to Advance Auto and asked for a speed sensor. Took it home
crawled under the truck and right of way noticed that the sensor in the
differential was different from the one I purchased. The one installed
pried out after removing a retaining bolt, not screw in and the one
purchased was a screw in. Took it back to Advance and the guy told me
the sensor I purchased was for the transmission but said that if it was
bad the truck wouldn't shift properly; mine shifts fine. My truck is a
1999 Dakota Extended Cab SLT 3.9 6cyl. Is what I need a dealer item? Or
is it possible the sensor on the transmission is giving me the problem?
Any help is greatly appreciated....the speedometer stopped working
completely now, really miss the cruise control during my 45 minute drive
to work!.....thanks, Charlie