Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 22:57:31 EDT

Rick Barnes wrote:
> And what the hell is a "veneer of liberation"?
>
> Maybe you should read what the Iraqi people think of their Liberation;
>
> http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/
>
> educate yourself Kyle!

I will not deny that there has been benefit to the Iraqi people (I
explained my poor - and sleep-deprivation influenced - choice of words
in a later post, I think) there has also been much hardship and innocent
death, as any violent overthrow of a government will entail. I just
question the motives of your government in going there. As I'm sure
you've heard other "silly liberals" say, why not invade North Korea and
overthrow that government? Or intervene in Sudan and bring peace and
democracy there? Or any number of other places around the world? Many
of these places have and do harbour terrorists, I'm sure. Hell, NK
could probably set Osama up with some mighty fine WMDs much easier than
Iraq.

I'm glad to see there is another student of history here. Yeah, I
wondered how long until someone would point out the reality of 1812.
The Canadian contingent was probably just a bunch of drunk Acadian
militia. We just like to say we whooped on ya to push some buttons. ;)