Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 00:31:30 EDT

Rick Barnes wrote:
> Finally, someone that knows better than to take me seriously....you gotta be
> kiddin...
> Thank you!
>
> Rascal

Sorry - I'm bound by pride to say something here.

Your comments to me off list were not "just kidding". Those were some
pretty irrational and nasty things to say.

Not once did I call you any names - not once did I say anything
insulting about you or MY COUNTRY... the USA belongs to us all - not
just people who agree with your frame of mind. I bust my balls on my
job and pay my taxes and pay social security and pay into Medicare, just
like everyone else in this country.

But because I didn't say what you wanted to hear, because I had a
different view on things, you stuck an "America Hater" label on me.

I think your comments speak volumes. Yeah - you have the right to think
and feel whatever you want. So do I. One of this country's most
cherished rights - that of freedom of speech. I'm just sorry that you
are so narrow minded as to not respect the opinions of a fellow
American. I respect your opinions - I may not agree with them...But I
respect them - you obviously have no respect for my opinions, or those
of others who think differently.

I offer my apologies to the DML for continuing this squabble. I almost
wasn't going to send this but.... (shrug) being called a dumbass and an
America hater, and such... Well... I was content to discuss things in a
mature and adult manner, to have an intelligent conversation... but Rick
seems to just want to spew garbage. For someone to say he was "just
playing with us" - was the reason why I finally did write and post this.

I don't have anything else to say regarding this thread and I want to
let it die now. I will not reply on-list to this topic anymore.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *111* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/