Re: Wheel center caps ( one final mention )

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 17:23:39 EDT

On Mon, April 11, 2005 4:24 pm, Dan Kramarsky said:

> Granted, you have to give it a nice pounding with a rubber mallet or
> something similar.
> But the added security in the fact that I wont have to buy another pair
> of wheel caps is worth the effort.

Hmm, well, my experience was that the cap popped right in to the wheel on
the 2001, but I couldn't easily push it in to the wheel on the 1995. Part
of my problem was I wanted to be able to remove it again. Maybe I could
have pounded it in to place, but the wheel on our 2001 definitely accepts
a slightly larger cap than the wheel on my 1995.

I have no idea how much that information applies in general to other model
years or trim lines, just relating my experience with our two trucks.
Both of ours have the sport wheels, 15x6 on the '95 and 16x8 on the '01.

Anyway, it sounds like you've solved your problem, which is good. Just
thought I'd share what I had observed.