Re: RE: OT: Visitors in the night

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 00:00:26 EDT

Tom "Slick" North wrote:
> An electrified fence might help... He he he... Fried bear...mmmm a
> delicacy....

At the scout camp I used to go to in centeral WI that's the only way
they could keep bears out of the dumpsters. Had one kid get mauled
pretty badly a few years ago by being a dipshit and keeping candy in his
sleeping bag. All campsites have large bear boxes that are actually old
stoplight control boxes, and they are bolted down to poured slabs.

I watched a mother and two cubs open coolers and drink milk from jugs
the first year the bears were really bad....

Also, after being transported 250 miles, it took them a week to come
back. they gave up on transport after the second attempt.... though
the particularly agressive ones have been trapped and put down.

--
MikeM