Re: T-Case

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 00:00:55 EDT

austringer00 wrote:
> I haven't posted in a few years, so you may not remember me. I was driving
> to work the other day and life happened. My t-case exploded, and I mean
> exploded, there is no case left. No top, no bottom, no sides. I think a
> u-joint went bad and I-80 absorbed my t-case. Now to the point, I live in
> Reno NV, and I can't find a replacement. Can any of you help me? Thanking
> you for any help you may be able to provide.

Exact same thing happened to me except it was I90 in Ohio =)

I've got one for a manual transmission truck sitting in my apartment....
    The manual transmissions require a longer input shaft on the
transfer case, the automatics a shorter shaft. They don't interchange
auto to manual, and require a spacer to go manual to auto. I didn't
know it would be as simple as a spacer and advance adaptors told me
they'd all interchange, so I wasn't careful what I shopped for, and
ended up not using what I bought the first time around. Just so you know.

I think I'd had an asking price of $150 or $125 on it at one time or
another. It'd need to get shipped from the wrong side of the country
though (14627).

Check the for-sale section at pirate4x4.com for a possibility of some
things on the proper coast. but wear a thick skin around there.

Good luck,
MikeM
SAS '98 CC
POS '84 RC

P.S. - watch which email address you send to - that's what caused your
duplicate messages. send to dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net. I don't
remember offhand what the problem child "to" is, but it's a known issue
as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sending this offline first, it'll make it to the list when I'm home
from work....