Re: Bench Bleeding Master Cylinder

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 02:50:51 EDT

TerribleTom wrote:

> Hiyas everyone - gotta quick question here.
>
> Just finished yanking the power booster and master cyl on Christine. The
> booster blew a few months ago and I figured I would replace the master
> cyl at the same time. The booster and master cyl came as an assembly
> which was handy.
>
> The instructions that came with it say "new and improved master cyl
> bench bleeding procedure". Basically says to install the port plugs in
> the output line ports, keep the cyl level (very important they say),
> fill up the reservoir, and slowly press in and release the cylinder
> piston using 3/4 to 1 inch strokes. Never to stroke more than one inch.
> Repeating this prodecure until movement is "firm and less than 1/8th inch".
>
> According to the FSM - you should use a traditional method with hoses
> connected to the output lines and up into the reservoir to allow the air
> out - umm - how can the air be bled out if the ports are plugged?
>
> Hrrm - never done this before, so watcha think I should do?

Forgot to mention that the "bleeder kit" cam with those two plugs only.
  Nothing else that you would see in a traditional bleeder kit (tubes
and threaded fittings) this is why I'm not sure what to do. I don't
have anything handy that I could use in that manner. I'd probably have
to pick up some fittings and clear tube to fashion a bleeder kit.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *105* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/