Re: 95 Towing Capacity?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 13:07:03 EDT

On Sun, April 17, 2005 2:18 am, Ncfisher@aol.com said:

> I have a 95 regular cab 3.9 with the 3.92 rear end and the manual trans.
> lost my manual years ago. I was hoping someone on here would be able to
> see what my towing capacity is?

You didn't specify whether you had a 2wd or 4x4, so I looked up both.
This is according to the '95 sales brochure for your engine / axle ratio /
body style combination as you specified.

2wd max trailer: 5600 lbs max GCVWR: 8800 lbs
4x4 max trailer: 5100 lbs max GCVWR: 8800 lbs

Also don't forget to check your tongue weight and make sure you have a
class IV hitch to reach those maximum numbers.

> I was surprised not to be able to find this info on the web.

It's in the DML archives now :-).