Re: Roasted Hemi under glass

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 16:41:56 EDT

In article <d40m1p$144$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> "Tony Cellana" <acellan1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> : Hemi Under Glass is at the Garlits Museum in Ocala FL.
> : TonyC
>

> Really? Hmmm, what am I thinking of then? I thought the original
> had dissapeared. Oh well! :-) (Good thing for the Mopar community,
> but not a particularly favorable indicator of my mental capacity.) ;-)

Three different versions of the Hemi Under Glass were built, each based on the
Plymouth Barracuda model year 1966-1968. The original 66 car was destroyed in
1987; however, Bob Riggle built a replica of it in 1992. He also built a
replica of the 68 car a few years later. I don't know what happened to the
original 67 & 68 cars. But, I was at the Don Garlits museum last year and
unless it's a recent addition, I don't recall seeing the car there. Bill
Mavrick's "Lil Red Wagon" is on display though. The '66 car was at the Walter
P. Chrysler Museum a few years ago, but it could have been moved.

Walt