Radio-CD problems

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 07:54:37 EDT

Howdy folks,
For Christmas I received a new Pioneer radio-CD player for the Dak. I did
the install and everything was fine until about 3 weeks ago. About that
time I noticed it was not playing out the rear speakers. I pulled it back
out and put the stock radio tape player back in and all 4 speakers work as
they should. I took the CD player into Best Buys where they checked it and
said it was playing out all 4 channels as it should and that I must have a
bad speaker... I told them the factory radio was playing out all 4, why
wouldn't the Pioneer, the reply was something to the effect that aftermarket
items are much more "sophisticated" than the factory units and there must be
a bad speaker or wiring to the rear speakers.

Does this sound reasonable to you folks?
TIA,
Cal