Re: PML 8.25 Cast Differential Covers

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 12:23:41 EDT

Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:
> Yes, it's the 8.25 in my '88 and I have 4.10 gears with a Detroit locker and a
> set of WCD axle shafts in there. The cover came unpainted so I painted it GM
> Engine Red with High Temp paint I found at the parts store. I got the cover
> from Crane High Clearance, http://www.highclearance.com which I found via the
> Pirate4x4 site. It's comparable in price to the Mag-Hytec, about $200 but much
> heavier Chromoly steel alloy. The bolt heads are round cap bolts and are
> recessed to protect them with the whole cover being lipless.

>>>I just went the other route and took the rear axle truss and diff cover off
>>>replace them with a Crane Rock Cover.
>>>
>>>Old cover and Con-Ferr truss/skid plate:
>>>http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1465
>>>
>>>New cover:
>>>http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3854

Niiiice Walt! Petersen's 4Wheel had a spot on that cover a few months
ago - I just might need to get one myself :-P

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *90* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/