Re: At my witts end just about...

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 23:15:25 EDT

Ronald Taylor wrote:

> Sounds like Christine is acting like my Old Duster did before I
> eliminated the EGR Valve......
>
> I pulled the EGR and plugged the vac port with a cap, then fabbed a
> block off plate for the intake to seal the leak removing it created.
>
> It ran perfectly after that until a Rod Bearing let go 2 weeks afterward. ;)
>
> Did you put any Stabil in the tank before parking it for the
> winter?.......or it picked up some water.
>
> Ron

Hi Ron... I was going to pull the EGR valve, lines, and solenoids off
but I didn't because I don't have a good way to block off the EGR port.
  I could cut a plate out of a few peices of 1/8th inch stock I have
laying around but I wasn't in the mood to geal with it. No I don't
think I put any fuel stabalizer in. (I usually use Seafoam - have had
good results with it in the past). The truck has been in the garage all
winter and was only outside while I had been driving it daily. I
seriously doubt it could have picked up water in the fuel anywhere.

One of the injectors died over the winter and I replaced it with a
spare. Its almost acting like it was back then, bogging down under
throttle - that was due to lack of sufficent fuel. This time ther eis a
clear misfire present. Cap and rotor still looked new from when I
changed it.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *87* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/