RE: bad water pump

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 13:02:41 EDT

I was refering to getting the balencer off when I said a significant amount of
work. Sounds like Eric is planning to do it himself and if he doesn't have a
puller and an impact gun to loosen the balancer bolt it's going to be a long
day.

Since they stopped using plastic coated cam gears I have not HAD to replace a
timing chain in any vehicle I have owned or the immediate family whom I do
repairs for. It's considered a life of the engine part just like a piston or
cam or any other internal part. I just don't see the fact that you spent a 1/2
hour stripping accessories off the front of the engine so you can replace a
water pump as adequate justification to go into the engine to swap a timing set
that hasn't been acting up, especially when it's so easy to actual determine if
it's worn/streached.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4