New list member

From: Joseph Orsini (joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 12:38:39 EDT

Greets all,

        Just joined the list, and have some problems with my Dakota, but that will
come later, first some info about my Dodge; I special ordered it in
December of 1998 and took delivery March 30th 1999 she is a '99 Dakota,
regular cab, short box, Flame red, 5.2 V8, 2wd, 5spd, sport package, no
power options, factory A/C delete go fast little truck, the only option I
missed that I wish I had now was the limited slip rear end :-( Anyway just
wanted to say hi to everyone and wonder if anyone else out there optioned
out or has a fast little truck like mine? Oh yeah here is a funny story
about when I was shopping for a truck in '98. I had already priced out the
Dakota I wanted on the web site and had talked to my local dealer about
ordering it and what they would do for pricing and such. Anyway decided to
shop the Chevy's too, and checked out the S10's. I'm at the lot looking
around and nothing has the 4.3 in it, everything is the 4 banger, I was like
WTF. Sales guy comes over and asks if he can help with anything, I said
yeah you got any S10's with the six? He says, "what are you gonna be
hauling?" I respond something like not looking to haul anything but ass,
his response, oh well if you aren't going to be towing or hauling a lot the
4 will be enough engine for you...the Dodge dealer was across the street
from the Chevy dealer so I said, well you just made my decision for me, I'm
buying my Dodge with the 8. You should have seen the look on the guys face!
Ah well, rambled on enough.

Later,

-Joe